Saturday, June 18, 2005

Monsoon Wedding

Wow, that was a much better film than the last free film I saw (The Girl Next Door), though I was disappointed at the lack of an advert reel. A very good film, even the kissy scenes were tolerable. But please, people, don't walk out immediately the credits begin! You miss important concluding scenes that way, as well as suggesting a disagreeable tendency to be too busy to sit and appreciate the full work. Incidentally I remain greatly displeased with the people at John's Films who turned the lights up so I couldn't see the end credits of A Series of Unfortunate Events, which are meant to be some of the best around. But that's ages ago now so forgive and forget I suppose. Hehe.

Later, accompanied some others to the Van Of Death - didn't buy anything, though it looked tempting in an artery-blocking kind of way. I think it's the first time I've ever left college so late at night that the front gate is closed. Also, when Nikki and I returned from the departmental garden party earlier I was standing in the P'lodge whilst she was talking to the night porters, and I started to wonder if they're not that scary at all...

Ah yes, the garden party. The food was a bit lacking if you don't like pig-derived meat, but at least I got to engage in one of my favourite pastimes, drinking water. As usual Nikki and I were rather Christy-no-mates, through no fault of our own I might add... Lydia, who rather crazily went and started work as soon as exams finished, managed to make it, which was good; she did very well this year, and fully deserved to. She joins the predictably short list of Cambridge People I Have Hugged, which must stand now at at least four...

Apologies to anyone with whom I was snappy this evening; the combination of being really really bad at pool and beginning to realise that I have to face up to my lack of a future wasn't a good one. Though I remain surprised that others are surprised at my ability to use 'colourful expressions'... clearly you're slower to notice such things than Ben, who noted some time ago that I offend his whole sense of being with each utterance. Or something. Anyway people often seem to form misguided impressions of me; why on earth do people keep thinking I was privately educated, for example? It's most offensive!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's OK Stephen, us attentive people know you were home-schooled.

*Avoids heavy objects being thrown*

TCH

June 18, 2005 12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home