"I don't want to go on a rant here, but..."
To whomsoever filled three out of five washing machines with their clothes and then left them all day without even any bags to put them in: you're a cretin and I had a good mind to empty them onto the floor.
Went to watch some tennis on TV - some young blade called Murray was playing Nalbandian; indeed it looks like he still is - but I left because people seemed to object to me standing at the back of the room rather than sitting. I reckon it should be up to me whether to stand or sit, and also that it should be easier to breathe standing up, and it might even take more energy to stand than to sit, helping me not to become disgustingly fat. But anyway.
Am feeling slightly recovered so I walked over to Jesus to take a look at the sculptures, though I was kinda confused about where we were allowed to go (are you allowed on the grass in the paddock? etc.), and it was rather eerily deserted which was kinda sinister. So I went and wandered - with a fair degree of incredulity, I must say - around the fairground. It was certainly educational.
To the guy driving around in what is presumably meant to be a Mitsubishi Evolution rally car: I don't know what you think you look like but to me you look like a tragic twat. Go buy yourself a nice black Fiesta or something.
Why is the laundry so busy today, when everyone but the third years is leaving? Oh and is it really much harder to put the packaging from your detergent in the bin, which you pass on the way out, rather than leaving it on top of the washing machine or on the floor? Sheesh, I'm beginning to sound like Alex :P
Passed a Discovery 3 parked on the (entire) pavement in Parker Street. Heaven forbid that you should be at all inconvenienced in loading your stuff just so that I don't have to walk in the road. I can see the modern Land Rovers becoming symbolic of these ridiculous SUVs, particularly because until recently Land Rovers were respectable, genuine countryside cars with an 'old money' kind of air. The transformation into urban gangsta-mobiles and footballers' cars is thus all the more distressing. Woah, that's a huge bumble bee. Ah it seems to have left now.
To be fair the owners of this particular LR seemed to be perfectly respectable student parents; but I wondered how anyone could in conscience drive a car like that. I suppose there is some merit in the argument that the difference between different cars is tiny particularly compared with the pollution produced by airliners, factories, power stations and America, and of course using a big car very rarely is less polluting than using a frugal car all the time. But I guess I feel like we should all be at least trying to make a difference, no matter how tiny our own contribution is.
To whoever owns the Jaguar XJ in the car park... I know I shouldn't approve, but it's so pretty... curious to note as well how over-inflated other modern cars are becoming - compared to this 2002 Jaguar, the 2004 Golf next to it is considerably taller, for example.
Should probably think about dinner, given that I haven't had any since Thursday...
Went to watch some tennis on TV - some young blade called Murray was playing Nalbandian; indeed it looks like he still is - but I left because people seemed to object to me standing at the back of the room rather than sitting. I reckon it should be up to me whether to stand or sit, and also that it should be easier to breathe standing up, and it might even take more energy to stand than to sit, helping me not to become disgustingly fat. But anyway.
Am feeling slightly recovered so I walked over to Jesus to take a look at the sculptures, though I was kinda confused about where we were allowed to go (are you allowed on the grass in the paddock? etc.), and it was rather eerily deserted which was kinda sinister. So I went and wandered - with a fair degree of incredulity, I must say - around the fairground. It was certainly educational.
To the guy driving around in what is presumably meant to be a Mitsubishi Evolution rally car: I don't know what you think you look like but to me you look like a tragic twat. Go buy yourself a nice black Fiesta or something.
Why is the laundry so busy today, when everyone but the third years is leaving? Oh and is it really much harder to put the packaging from your detergent in the bin, which you pass on the way out, rather than leaving it on top of the washing machine or on the floor? Sheesh, I'm beginning to sound like Alex :P
Passed a Discovery 3 parked on the (entire) pavement in Parker Street. Heaven forbid that you should be at all inconvenienced in loading your stuff just so that I don't have to walk in the road. I can see the modern Land Rovers becoming symbolic of these ridiculous SUVs, particularly because until recently Land Rovers were respectable, genuine countryside cars with an 'old money' kind of air. The transformation into urban gangsta-mobiles and footballers' cars is thus all the more distressing. Woah, that's a huge bumble bee. Ah it seems to have left now.
To be fair the owners of this particular LR seemed to be perfectly respectable student parents; but I wondered how anyone could in conscience drive a car like that. I suppose there is some merit in the argument that the difference between different cars is tiny particularly compared with the pollution produced by airliners, factories, power stations and America, and of course using a big car very rarely is less polluting than using a frugal car all the time. But I guess I feel like we should all be at least trying to make a difference, no matter how tiny our own contribution is.
To whoever owns the Jaguar XJ in the car park... I know I shouldn't approve, but it's so pretty... curious to note as well how over-inflated other modern cars are becoming - compared to this 2002 Jaguar, the 2004 Golf next to it is considerably taller, for example.
Should probably think about dinner, given that I haven't had any since Thursday...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home