Friday, June 24, 2005

Endings

I think I'm only beginning to comprehend that this really is the end; there are people leaving college now whom I may never see again; no more lectures, no more concerts, no more rehearsals, no more supervisions, no more sitting up late at night talking (which was, admittedly, rather lacking anyway), no more Varsity, no more TCS. So many of the things one might imagine as part of a Cambridge student's life I shall now never do; rowing, philosophical discussions on the Backs (admittedly impossible unless you're from Trinity or John's), sophisticated drinking of tea/coffee with sophisticated friends, trips to Cindie's (admittedly I'm not sad to have missed out there)... With all the opportunities and chances of the last three years ebbing away, some exploited, many unfulfilled, I seriously wonder where I'm going next, and suspect that wherever it was I won't like it. On another note, to those with whom I sat many months ago calculating that we had something like 17 weeks left in Cambridge to find a partner - we haven't done all that well, to be honest, have we. But of course, I don't care about that, do I as everyone knows. No more Garden Parties (hurrah), no more Upper Hall dinners, no more snowy days (unless something really really weird happens in the next week). No more awkward encounters or - worse? - non-encounters with people by whom you desperately wish to be liked, but who have no intention at all of admitting you into their lives. No more libraries.

Since I only really know one Cambridge graduate (hi George), and she only graduated last year, I severely lack any evidence that there is, in fact, life after the BA. For the moment, I can't imagine it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home