Quincentenary Stuff
First off, yay for me having just finished the 'Difficult' Times su doku from the 20th, which I found inordinately so.
It's been a cool kind of a day, with the quincentenary garden party and bop (really our last one this time). A lot of my thoughts concern the opinion of myself and others regarding other members of college, which I shall of course not confess here; if at all, they'll be in the special not-for-publication version of this post :)
It's dreadfully hot but at least now I have sunscreen and a new water-spray bottle thing. Hurrah.
The Accidentals and the steel band were cool, as was the ice cream and even the orange juice; it was good that so many people were there, though it clearly wasn't worth the money but these things never are. I suspect Garden Parties and Balls become significantly better value for those who drink alcohol. I should probably have tried out the inflatable laser-quest. If anyone has photos from today, please do send them to me :)
We went to Yippee to get dinner, so I can finally cross that off my list of Places I've Been Meaning To Go For Food. I had the Thai green vegetable curry as I think that's what Rachel told me I should get. I was a little confused by the menu, which stated that egg fried rice was non-vegetarian, but vegetable fried rice ( = egg fried rice + vegetables) was vegetarian... Trying to use chopsticks was interesting... I'm so unsophisticated it's not even funny.
Then after some ill-advised violinage, it was off to the bop. As for the GP it was good to see so many people there, but aside from weight of numbers it seemed a bit flat at times. Personally I think the DJ needs to understand the importance of S Club and Queen over Fat Boy Slim... hehe. As observed by someone else it did rather seem to be a night for short skirts, but luckily there weren't too many.
I guess this is the time of year when one should be feeling lonely, and depressed at the total dearth of romance in one's life. As if. Anyway where was I ever going to find an attractive young Cambridge student, probably a scientist, interested in music, preferably a non-drinker, etc. Hands up who can think of someone who meets these criteria (I can, actually, which is kind of depressing)...
OK time to work on the non-published version and watch Family Guy.
It's been a cool kind of a day, with the quincentenary garden party and bop (really our last one this time). A lot of my thoughts concern the opinion of myself and others regarding other members of college, which I shall of course not confess here; if at all, they'll be in the special not-for-publication version of this post :)
It's dreadfully hot but at least now I have sunscreen and a new water-spray bottle thing. Hurrah.
The Accidentals and the steel band were cool, as was the ice cream and even the orange juice; it was good that so many people were there, though it clearly wasn't worth the money but these things never are. I suspect Garden Parties and Balls become significantly better value for those who drink alcohol. I should probably have tried out the inflatable laser-quest. If anyone has photos from today, please do send them to me :)
We went to Yippee to get dinner, so I can finally cross that off my list of Places I've Been Meaning To Go For Food. I had the Thai green vegetable curry as I think that's what Rachel told me I should get. I was a little confused by the menu, which stated that egg fried rice was non-vegetarian, but vegetable fried rice ( = egg fried rice + vegetables) was vegetarian... Trying to use chopsticks was interesting... I'm so unsophisticated it's not even funny.
Then after some ill-advised violinage, it was off to the bop. As for the GP it was good to see so many people there, but aside from weight of numbers it seemed a bit flat at times. Personally I think the DJ needs to understand the importance of S Club and Queen over Fat Boy Slim... hehe. As observed by someone else it did rather seem to be a night for short skirts, but luckily there weren't too many.
I guess this is the time of year when one should be feeling lonely, and depressed at the total dearth of romance in one's life. As if. Anyway where was I ever going to find an attractive young Cambridge student, probably a scientist, interested in music, preferably a non-drinker, etc. Hands up who can think of someone who meets these criteria (I can, actually, which is kind of depressing)...
OK time to work on the non-published version and watch Family Guy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home