Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Oww, my freakin' ears...

Researching the Big Four today, I was reminded of this. And yes, it is something that's been on my mind for the last four years, and it is yet another of the things that puts me off the world of graduate recruitment. Imagine the horror of signing your soul away to a firm only to discover that it had a company song. Shudder. And I see KPMG's not the only offender.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who are the big four? email me if it is a bit too descriptive

May 23, 2006 8:08 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young. I've somewhat arbitrarily decided I'm interested in the former two but not the latter two. You could argue that's a subconscious victory for PwC's sponsorship of Christ's boat club and Deloitte's of Christ's Films, but I don't think that was the reason!

May 23, 2006 8:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do the big four do??

May 24, 2006 8:01 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

Well Becca, that's what I've been trying to work out. They seem to concern themselves mostly with things called 'assurance' or 'audit', 'advisory' or 'consulting', and 'tax' (i.e. making sure their clients pay as little of it as possible, which strikes me as slightly questionable). All clear?

May 24, 2006 10:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, as mud...

May 24, 2006 10:52 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

Yes, well if you could see where the differences lie between assurance, audit, advisory and consulting, you'd be doing better than me... Not that I wish to worry you, but unless you're going to do a PhD you're going to have to start reading this kind of thing too before too long... Though it seems rather prosaic to do so whilst still doing the Natsci Thing! (Did I ask you if you have plans for the summer? Do email me :))

May 24, 2006 12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes I do have plans for the summer. i'll email you AFTER my exams... (remind me in two weeks!)

PS I'm hopefully going to do a PhD, going to start looking in the summer...

May 24, 2006 9:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home