Did you notice that when they cut to the closeup of the PB covered in coffee the Apple logo () was missing from the back of the screen? Perhpas Nieghbours budget, whilst stretching to trendy laptops, doesn't quite support the willful distruction of said machines.
Well it was undoubtedly a (2003-on) PowerBook chassis (or whatever you call the bit with the keyboard and trackpad) they poured the coffee over, but of course that doesn't entail it was a full, functioning PB. I thought the choice was quite apposite for Robinson, though of course not in agreement with the old 24 convention of good=Apple, evil=Dell.
It's a bit suckful that we can't type '' isn't it...
It was interesting that they didn't try to conceal the fact that it was a PB, too - unlike on Friends where the logo was covered with an obvious square of grey sticky-backed plastic. I was a bit confused by Izzy's laptop - the brief screenshot we saw looked like an OS X backdrop, but when we saw the back of the screen it was certainly not an Apple machine, since it had a bevelled rather than rounded edge.
And it was the first time I'd seen Neighbours for almost a year!
The most disturbing thing was that it got me thinking about how the website used in the scene looked the same on both a Windows machine and a mac. Neighbours supporting web standards?? oh dear, I think I'd better go to bed :s ''
9 Comments:
Did you notice that when they cut to the closeup of the PB covered in coffee the Apple logo () was missing from the back of the screen? Perhpas Nieghbours budget, whilst stretching to trendy laptops, doesn't quite support the willful distruction of said machines.
Well it was undoubtedly a (2003-on) PowerBook chassis (or whatever you call the bit with the keyboard and trackpad) they poured the coffee over, but of course that doesn't entail it was a full, functioning PB. I thought the choice was quite apposite for Robinson, though of course not in agreement with the old 24 convention of good=Apple, evil=Dell.
It's a bit suckful that we can't type '' isn't it...
It was interesting that they didn't try to conceal the fact that it was a PB, too - unlike on Friends where the logo was covered with an obvious square of grey sticky-backed plastic. I was a bit confused by Izzy's laptop - the brief screenshot we saw looked like an OS X backdrop, but when we saw the back of the screen it was certainly not an Apple machine, since it had a bevelled rather than rounded edge.
So it's come to this...
Thanks Alex (S)... you can't conceal your identity from me! Muahaha...
I have a Dell; now my evilness makes sense.
I consider it slightly disturbing that there is such enthusiastic discussion generated by a bit of Neighbours.
don't any of you have anything better to do than watch neighbours?!
Well, be fair, it was only Andy and I that were watching Neighbours and no, neither of us has much better to do!
Sherry: it wasn't really Neighbours that provoked such discussion, more an excuse for Andy and I to bring up the old Mac vs PC debate.
Which reminds me, check out the new MacBook, it looks rather cool.
And it was the first time I'd seen Neighbours for almost a year!
The most disturbing thing was that it got me thinking about how the website used in the scene looked the same on both a Windows machine and a mac. Neighbours supporting web standards?? oh dear, I think I'd better go to bed :s ''
Good to see you pay attention Stephen. Mind you, Apple are a bit laywer happy.
Post a Comment
<< Home