Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Free Range

1) Still trying to think of some skill or ability that I actually have to offer. The best I can come up with is "knowing stuff", which even if it were unusual wouldn't be all that useful.

2) A couple of people at the weekend commented on my range, which surprised me since it was (as demonstrated, at least) less than two octaves. But Toby reckons your average popular singer demonstrates a range of "about a sixth" so maybe that's what people are more used to. Hehe.

3) Mm, eggs.

4) That'll be another reason why I'm looking forward (ha!ha!) to working - I'll be able to take my mind off food for several hours a day.

---

Addendum: this feels like rather a retro comment now - and by the way did you know that my complaints about managementese are accompanied in my mind with imagery of a certain part of the canal near Sheepcote Street in Birmingham? Or that Nelson Mandela is accompanied by imagery of the Wiltshire Music Centre? No, of course not - but congratulations to PwC for writing "wealthy individuals" rather than the cringeworthy "high net-worth individuals" I've seen elsewhere. Party on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it laudably restrained or just plain lazy that this may be the latest I've ever stayed at work? Thought I'd go to choir straight from work today, which turned out to be a good thing since someone's made a silly assumption in a previous experience analysis I'm trying to recreate.

Anyway...

1) I hope any thin-skinned pop singers or aspiring pop singers will take my ignoble contraction of their huge and silky ranges in the spirit it was intended: I'm backing off now it's been publlished in a public forum ;-)

2) Is the bit in the addendum a test of my memory, or was this the time you went to see Shula? Cos I'm drawing a blank...

The plus side of working late is that everyone leaves- wheely chair fun!

TCH

May 23, 2006 6:16 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Sorry Toby, shall I remove the reference to you??

I don't think the bitching about managementese and the walking by the canal ever actually coincided, but were both in my mind at the same time shortly afterwards and thus became associated. Or something.

(See, psychology can be fun. Except I can't remember much of the actual stuff.)

May 23, 2006 7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, that psychology bit is confusing. but at least I'm not losing my mind.

No, you needn't remove it; it's a reminder that I shouldn't be randomly derogatory even in jest. Or something.

Anyway, Ian Bell, what a moron.

TCH

May 23, 2006 9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home