Hmmph
Absolutely beautiful weather outside - perhaps one of the last chances for some cycling - and I'm stuck inside waiting for a delivery man. And not even on my own behalf, but my brother's. Tuh.
Meanwhile some new people have moved in across the way, bringing with them one of those hideous far-Eastern SUVs that even I can't identify. And it's the wrong colour, didn't they realise that all cars in that row have to be black or silver? But on the bright side at least they don't appear to have three cars, one of which lives halfway up the pavement, like the previous incumbents...
---
Ah, the TV's been collected so I'm free. Gesturing towards the considerable bulk of the boxed appliance, I wondered whether the delivery guy would be able to carry it... He assured me he'd be OK, and it was only afterwards that I noticed he was only about 5ft tall. I really hope he didn't think I was making some comment about his stature... eek.
Meanwhile some new people have moved in across the way, bringing with them one of those hideous far-Eastern SUVs that even I can't identify. And it's the wrong colour, didn't they realise that all cars in that row have to be black or silver? But on the bright side at least they don't appear to have three cars, one of which lives halfway up the pavement, like the previous incumbents...
---
Ah, the TV's been collected so I'm free. Gesturing towards the considerable bulk of the boxed appliance, I wondered whether the delivery guy would be able to carry it... He assured me he'd be OK, and it was only afterwards that I noticed he was only about 5ft tall. I really hope he didn't think I was making some comment about his stature... eek.

3 Comments:
Apostrophe!
I mean, yes, good, excellent.
TCH
What? I don't know what you mean! [innocent look]
Im sure its absence was a mere figment of my over-active imagination.
TCH
Post a Comment
<< Home