I don't think
that my hair has ever been as long as it is now. Inevitably, I suppose, given the length of the term. Having washed it this morning it is now of course even more disagreeably bouffant. Must be sure not to wash it less than a day before graduation...
Trying to decide whether I need one of those faked-up graduation portraits. Suspect I do, which means I'd better get on with it.
I realise I don't really know what we're meant to be wearing for graduation... anyone know? Here are the issues...
1) I know a standard suit or a DJ-and-trousers are both acceptable; so I'd favour the latter since it was tailored for last-year-me rather than bought off-the-peg for five-years-ago-me.
2) We have to wear a 'plain white shirt'; does that mean a white-collar office style shirt rather than a dress shirt? My dress shirt has pleats, does that make it '¬plain'? Obviously one wouldn't wear a dress shirt with a standard suit. But since my standard white shirts are decidedly low-rent, I may have to go somewhere (ideas?) and get a new one.
3) What about the collar? Obviously standard shirts have turn-down collars because they're meant to be worn with ordinary neckties; dress shirts often (not always, but mine does) have those vampiry kind of collars - wing collars, are they? I don't know what kind is acceptable, or is suitable for white-bow-and-bands. Note to hands: I said white bow, not boy, pay attention.
4) I'm going to wear my own gown - does that seem OK or are other people hiring gowns too?
5) I'm hoping at least one of my suits is actually clean...
Trying to decide whether I need one of those faked-up graduation portraits. Suspect I do, which means I'd better get on with it.
I realise I don't really know what we're meant to be wearing for graduation... anyone know? Here are the issues...
1) I know a standard suit or a DJ-and-trousers are both acceptable; so I'd favour the latter since it was tailored for last-year-me rather than bought off-the-peg for five-years-ago-me.
2) We have to wear a 'plain white shirt'; does that mean a white-collar office style shirt rather than a dress shirt? My dress shirt has pleats, does that make it '¬plain'? Obviously one wouldn't wear a dress shirt with a standard suit. But since my standard white shirts are decidedly low-rent, I may have to go somewhere (ideas?) and get a new one.
3) What about the collar? Obviously standard shirts have turn-down collars because they're meant to be worn with ordinary neckties; dress shirts often (not always, but mine does) have those vampiry kind of collars - wing collars, are they? I don't know what kind is acceptable, or is suitable for white-bow-and-bands. Note to hands: I said white bow, not boy, pay attention.
4) I'm going to wear my own gown - does that seem OK or are other people hiring gowns too?
5) I'm hoping at least one of my suits is actually clean...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home