Saturday, January 28, 2006

Z31 Lite 11

From the BBC's Ten Things:
Whales don't drink - they get their water intake from their food.
Am I the only one to consider that a slightly dodgy bit of trivia? Especially since they don't cite any source for it.

Note to wireless network: v annoying.
Note to Firefox: so is your bald assertion that 'the document contains no data'.
Note so self, largely unrelated: buy more RAM.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy more RAM? If you're looking for motivation then that sounds like an excellent reason to get a job. Earn money, spend money, accumulate awesome stuff. What you do to generate the money isn't that important. It's a means to an end. If you see it as more than that there's a distinct chance that you'll become obsessed with your work. Which would be bad. That isn't to say that you should despise your job, but equally loving your job is hardly a requirement for a fufilling life. A flat full of stuff takes care of that.

January 29, 2006 12:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whilst I understand Stephen's frustration with anonymous commentating, I must agree wholeheartedly with anon. A flat full of stuff really does take care of almost everything! And although I can't exactly claim to 'earn' money in the strictest sense, I certainly spend and accumulate, which has led to a most fulfilling existence so far.

As for buying more ram, I can’t see it happening any time soon. You’ve asked me several times for advice on the matter, though never made it any further than looking at a few websites. I’m sure it could happen, I just don’t think it will :^)

January 29, 2006 1:03 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

You are kidding, right? The accumulation of stuff is more important than enjoying what you do to get it?? That kind of attitude leads to SUVs and white trainers...

I appreciate that sometimes it's nice to go out and buy stuff, but I can't accept that kind of soulless materialism...

Andy: If I find I can buy more RAM for 'only' a day or so's earnings, then I will!

January 29, 2006 11:02 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

Besides, it's opportunity rather than motivation that I need in general. Though admittedly for the 'obvious' graduate careers in accountancy or [yawn] professional services, whatever they might be, I could do with some motivation too. As well as a whole new CV. etc. etc.

January 29, 2006 11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home