Monday, January 23, 2006

Z31 Not-so-much-Lite-as-just-irritating

Today's irritants:

1. My bedclothes. Why would I want to risk the integrity of my fingers just to get the bloody sheet to stretch over the bloody mattress? [Disclaimer: neither is actually bloody]

2. My iPod earphones. Having one of those days when I just can't get them to stay in.

3. My iPod. Which seems to have limited itself to a maximum volume that really isn't loud enough for listening to Handel (Händel, if we're being needlessly authenticarian) in the town.

4. Coins. I had to carry coins cos I was buying stamps and such. Dislike the sound, the unsightly bulging, the weight, the fact that my pockets are usually either too deep or too shallow...

5. Plastic as a material for windows. Just say no. It scares me somewhat to think that I could construct a reasonably successful life and yet still wake up one day to find that I'm the kind of person who gets excited about adding a uPVC conservatory to his suburban mock-house.

6. Oh yes, nearly forgot this one. Was reading some local blog this morning. Several posts about the blogster's new exercise/weight-loss regimen. Followed by one in which she complains about the traffic jam she got stuck in when she took the car out to drive half a mile to buy a lottery ticket. No further comment necessary, I hope.

These are all, of course, utterly trifling annoyances compared to what some people have been going through. And significantly less important than the two or so really important issues I'm supposed to be facing up to at the moment. But you know, nice to moan about things, in moderation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Blatantly if she wants to be lazy she should have an online account with the national lottery and then she won't even have to leave home to buy the ticket!

Re: bloodiness disclaimer - find that hilarious for unexplainable reasons.

January 24, 2006 11:57 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

Well, I aim to bring joy to the world. Sometimes.

It just amazed me that anyone could not only use the car for a half-mile journey but then openly admit to it!

What did you conclude in the feathers vs. synthetic debate, btw?

January 24, 2006 12:38 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

well, we've gone for this ridiculously expensive duvet (£30!!) which is synthetic but like down! one of the reasons we chose it is because it feels nice - not like a dishcloth :P

pillows - not done yet. dan's in charge of that - after spending 20 minutes arguing over relative pillow merits i gave up and told him to sort it!

January 24, 2006 2:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home