Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Next-door are back in town...

... for a couple of days, so have collected their post and been shown around their house. I think they're quite surprised at how it's looking! Apparently they counted seventeen people in the kitchen, where the filming was going on.

I've been out playing with the camera. I tried to get one of those cool shots on the main road with a long exposure where the traffic makes long streaky lines. Unfortunately the maximum exposure is only three seconds, during which time only one car passed, and I had a fence post instead of a tripod. Some local walking a bulldog or somesuch observed, "good view innit mate". Don't even get me started on complete strangers who call me 'mate', or those who make sarky comments to those who deign to act, speak, or look in any way out of the completely (subjectively) 'ordinary'... hehe. Anyway I don't think it turned out all that bad, considering - still room for improvement, though.

Dad was talking to some of the crew (we were walking into town to meet next-door, just as the three 'stars' finished their photoshoot and were driven away)... apparently they've gotten tired of having all their trailers at 'base camp' a few miles away, so asked the neighbours down the hill a bit if they'd mind having them parked here. The neighbours agreed. According to the guy, they didn't know what they were letting themselves in for. And indeed, already two streets away is parked an impressive array of trailers, lorries, even an aged double-decker. Up here we have only a few lorries, and a bunch of scaffolding they built on the green for wide shots (but don't seem to have used yet); I guess the fact that they haven't left a ladder is hoped to be enough to stop anyone climbing it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Z31 said...

Oh, in case anyone wonders, no I haven't finally bought myself a camera - it's on loan...

July 12, 2005 10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home