Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Accessories

Campy accessories are clearly the way to go at the moment. My wristband total stands at two; my MakePovertyHistory (the second, after losing the first, and of the fabric variety because the others are of course not to be found), and a rather unusual British Heart Foundation one mum brought me. It glows in the dark :)

I see many people are wearing a Cambridge-Blue band; anyone know what that's about?

Away from the wrist, I finally got hold of a mildy-comic hat yesterday. It's a Quiksilver bush-hat in a kind of olive green. Should be very practical when it's sunny but I wonder if it'll look too silly to wear in public. There were smaller hats but they made me look even camper, what with the flowerpot-on-head look.

I have sunglasses too, but again I've no idea if they're any good. Since nobody around here wears sunglasses or hats, or indeed gives much importance to matters of fashion, it's pretty hard to get advice. Not that I care for fashion myself; no way I'm going to spend £50 or more on sunglasses that I'm going to drop/sit on/leave on a train within a few weeks. I suspect that there's at least some kind of inverse correlation between intelligence and money spent on clothes... Not to say anything against those terribly clever and wonderful people who do wear good clothes, of course :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home